As a task for my Graphic Design class we were told to recreate an image and make it look like new. We had to use Illustrator to utilize some of the tools we have learned to master in previous lessons. The image I chose was an elephant and instead of recreating it as the elephant exactly, I decided to use an abstract approach. I had a lot of fun playing with all of the different tools and effects in Illustrator. It took a lot of time and meticulous tracing to create all of the lines of the elephant but in the end I was very proud of the end product.
This project was one of the more difficult ones we had all semester but I felt it was the moment I really started to grow in my graphic design. I was starting to create things more with my imagination than with the list of requirements I had in front of me. Although it was a long a grueling project I felt well satisfied after it was completed. I hope you like it just as much as I do.